HELP! My bunny swallowed a WHOLE melon!
LOL, Apologies if that gave anyone a scare!
Buttons looks big, doesn’t she? She gets limited pellets (1/4 – 1/3 cup per day) and she’s free range. That ought to help keep her weight under control..
This is my checklist for the bunnies, to ensure they’re not obese :
- able to groom self (all the way to hindquarters)
- able to consume cecals (no excess cecals lying around)
- looks pear-shaped from the top (as opposed to looking like a ball)
- no loose flesh hanging from the body
- can feel slight bumps along the spine when I press gently on their backs (whoops, illustration unavailable)
Well, Buttons certainly checks all the above, phew! Guess its partly her fur that makes her look big, and a soft tummy which oozes in every direction whenever she lies like a frog, lol! Abs of steel, she does not have 😉
This fella only swallowed a lemon..